For many people COVID and the associated quarantine have resulted in weight gain and the start of the new year has many pondering how to safely shed those pounds. While there is a risk associated with going anywhere that shares so many commonly touched surfaces, following best practices can greatly reduce those risks so that you can get back on the road to fitness.
Here are the precautions that should be taken when going to gym:
- Pack a mask and Eddie’s Clean Hands in your gym bag. Many gyms are providing hand sanitizer but it is best to bring your own. Eddie’s uses 75% alcohol, exceeding the recommended amount. Not to mention that using the gym’s hand sanitizer exposes you to germs on the dispenser.
- Maintain social distancing guidelines of at least 6 feet between yourself and other gym members. To make this possible, many gyms are limiting capacity to 50-75% depending on state guidelines.
- Limit the indoor group fitness classes you choose to those that are low intensity such as yoga and Pilates. High intensity classes such as cycling and Zumba increase the number of breaths you take, which could let more respiratory droplets collect in a room.
- Wipe down free weights, weight machines and cardio machines before use with Eddie’s Clean Hands which also doubles as a multi-purpose disinfectant in addition to being a hand sanitizer.
- Sanitize your hands before and after you use each piece of equipment.
- Refrain from touching your mouth, nose or eyes while in the gym. Touching these areas of the face after touching a contaminated surface can put you at risk for contracting COVID.
- Upon returning home, toss your gym clothes directly into the washer and then sanitize with your Eddie’s Clean Hands.
Keeping these tips in mind and a bottle of Eddie’s Clean Hands close by is the best way to get back into the gym. Shop our 40% off sale today to take the first step to preparing to reach your fitness goals!