One of the biggest changes in our lives that has resulted from COVID is the introduction of face masks to our daily lives. You likely never leave home without one now. While we all know that wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of the virus, there is a lot more to know about caring for your face mask to ensure efficacy. The following steps will help you to make the most of wearing a mask:
- Wash your hands or use Eddie’s hand sanitizer before putting on your mask.
- The mask should cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin. The mask should fit snugly against the sides of your face.
- Do not touch the mask while it is on, this can spread germs from your hands to the mask. If your mask does not fit correctly and requires frequent adjustment you need a new mask. If you need to touch your mask use Eddie’s 75% alcohol hand sanitizer before doing so.
- Keep a spare mask to replace one that becomes wet from moisture in your breath, snow, or rain. Store your wet reusable mask in a plastic bag until you get home and can put it in the laundry.
- When removing your mask, handle it only by the ear loops. Fold the outside corners together and place your mask directly into the washing machine. Always sanitize your hands after touching your mask.
- If you need to remove your mask before you get home always store it in a paper bag to keep it clean between uses.
- Masks should be cleaned at least daily. You can include your mask with your regular laundry. Masks should be dried completely in a warm or hot dryer.
There is a lot more to wearing a mask than you probably knew but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Unless you do laundry on a daily basis you likely need several masks to last you throughout the week and you should get in the habit of sanitizing your hands before and after touching your mask. Eddie’s 2 oz travel hand sanitizer is 75% alcohol and perfect to take on the go with your mask. Shop today to save 40%!