This year Thanksgiving is different than ever before. What was traditionally a festive celebration to be enjoyed with family and friends is now being viewed as a potential COVID-19 superspreader event with the potential for catastrophic consequences. Many people are trying to figure out how to celebrate safely and make this holiday an enjoyable one.
Here are some ideas for a festive Thanksgiving during the coronavirus pandemic:
- Have a small outdoor meal with family and friends who live in your community
- Limit the number of guests so that social distancing is an option
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items between use with Eddie’s multi purpose sanitizing spray
- Include a 2 oz bottle of Eddie’s Hand Sanitizer by each place setting for your guests’ personal use
- Limit the number of people allowed in the food preparation areas
- Designate one person to serve food
- Utilize plastic utensils and paper plates that can be disposed of easily
- Show gratitude for elders who may not be able to join you by safely delivering part of your meal to them
Thanksgiving in 2020 may not be the same as previous years but there are still plenty of reasons to be grateful. Don’t forget to give thanks this holiday season. We may not yet be able to embrace each other but we can still spread joy with our words.